Section 117 MHA Care home top ups and section 117 aftercare

AJM The Personal Budget I am looking aat this at the moment.
Thanks Francesco just popping over there now.

Hello Pam,
Thanks for info, will have a look. AJM

Hello Francesco,
Thanks for info, will have a look at facebook group, need all the help I can get.
Regards, AJM

Hello Pam,
I think a personal health budget is for home based care which you can commission yourself rather than council/CCG arranged S117 care homes. One of the options is direct payments and I remember these were used in the 2000’s a lot for younger disabled people to get care packages from care agencies. They don’t use them now so much as council wants total control over budgets (people spending too much). The real additional option is CHC which is very complicated to get and run like a disabled benefit claim from Atos or capita. They always try and stop it by re-accessing for nothing just to save money.

Thank you all for your help. Sad to report that Mum has passed away this evening, never getting the nursing she so richly deserved.

Hello Pam,
So sorry to hear that. I thought something might have happened. Thanks for all your help.
AJM

Thank you AJM,

She is at peace now so that’s a blessing for her.

No problem if there is anything you want me to google etc just let me know. I hope you are successfulin your quest…keep fighting on.

1 Like